Tribute to Liberty (TTL), established in 2008, is a Canadian charity whose mission is to establish a Canadian memorial to commemorate the victims of Communism. TTL is governed by a nine member volunteer board of directors who represent key ethno-cultural communities in Canada affected by Communism.
In September 2009, the National Capital Commission (NCC) granted approval to TTL to build a memorial called The Memorial to the Victims of Communism - Canada, a Land of Refuge in the National Capital Region.
FUNDRAISING GOAL: $1.5 million
- Since its inception, Tribute to Liberty has accomplished the following objectives:
- Received approval from the National Capital Commission to build the memorial on National Capital Region land. (September 2009)
- Launched the Pathway to Liberty fundraising campaign (October 2009)
- Received Charitable Status (May 2010)
- Commenced the 999 fundraising project to raise $1 million for the Memorial (October 2014)
- Raise the remaining funds necessary to build the Memorial
- Conduct a national design competition to choose an artist /design for the Memorial
- Organize the Official Dedication of the Memorial (Fall of 2018)